Friday, November 30, 2007

Computer Broke Down

So, recently my computer was suffering from a lot of lag when a couple of application is being run at the same time. By a couple I mean 2 or 3. I have been wanting to format my computer for some time but always find myself too lazy to do it. After you format then comes all the reinstalling of this and that. By time you are done with everything, a day is gone. Finally, last night when Kai was over at my place I decided to ask for his help.

First he opened up my chassis to see if anything was roasted, this is because a week or two ago I smelled something weird in my room and it was during then that the computer started its lagging spree. My suspicion grew even larger when I was booting up my computer, suddenly the computer monitor mentions about some temperature issue with my CPU. Even after opening it up, we did not see anything roasted (what we saw was a lot of dust bunny which might or might not be the cause of the overheating). I was never a computer geek under about the beginning of the year and so I had never bothered to even clean up my computer because I was afraid I might damage something.

Since nothing was damaged, we just tried to format the computer using Szeten's CD. Little did we know, halfway through the installation an error occured and this problem with the installation CD caused my desktop to be a piece of metal until I get my hands on another copy of Windows XP Pro. Now I'm stuck with my laptop, I hate using it mainly because it is Vista and my dongle does not works on it. So I cannot play Monster Hunter online with friends which makes me lose any mood at all to touch the PSP. Instead I have been playing Crysis which is actually quite fun after playing with it for some time. I have to say though Bioshock is more fun in terms of gameplay, but for eye candy Crysis beats Bioshock by a lot.

By the way the last couple of days, I have been going out a lot and that is the main reason why I did not update my blog for quite some time. On Wednesday, me and my girlfriend went to the newly opened shopping mall, Pavilion which is located somewhere near Lot 10. It is a really nice place to go shopping especially for girls. I walked and walked the whole day and managed to get myself a pair of new shoes, a pants and a long sleeved shirt. By the end of the day, I was aching from the base of my feet to the middle of my spine but it was really enjoyable spending the day with my girlfriend.

No comments: