Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Irony

I'm talking about my college transcript, just when I was planning to go to college to get it one of these days, the enveloped which contain my transcript was delivered to my house just this afternoon. At least that save me a trip of going to college or does it? I would still have to go register for the next semester's subjects that I am going to be taking. About the results, I got an A+ for Intro to Psych, but sadly my American History subject has a "W' ( which stands for a withdraw) beside it. Well, I just have to do better next semester. I am actually quite happy because my results were better than what I had expected.

Moving on, my family will be leaving for Vietnam tomorrow morning (way, way early in the morning) to go on vacation and leave me home alone to rust. Okie maybe I was the one who has chosen not to go. Vietnam gives me a feeling that it is really boring and I know better than to go on a boring trip. I wish my parents would pick a better vacation location. Every year its either China, China, or if we are lucky somewhere not China (but still within South East Asia). I wish they would go to places such as US or Europe. Bah, they are so unadventurous. =X

On a side note, since my girlfriend is free now, I can just spend that entire family vacation time with her instead.* Happy face* =D. We already have plans for tomorrow but still do not know where we will be going, but probably to that new shopping center, Pavilion. No idea how to get there but I have a car and the petrol, so that means its' time to explore. Finally I have some time to pak toh after a very very dreadful and long month.

Lastly, one of my favorite topics, Games. Crysis is awesome, its not like any other first person shooter mainly because you have to use your brains instead of just blindly rushing into a camp and go trigger happy. I spent some time with it, and found myself dying 90% of the time if I did just that. Rather you have to make use of what your nano-suits can do. I just love it when you switch to another mode and they say " Maximum Speed" or "Maximum Armor". One thing which sets this game apart from others, is physics and realism. For example, when your sight is blocked by some leaves on a coconut tree or something. Just shoot it and the leaf will actually react as though it is being shot at. What's more, if you shoot the trunk of that coconut tree long enough, the thing will come crashing down on your enemies or perhaps even yourself depending on where you stand. Everything in the game reacts to you just the way it should. Tyres of jeeps will go kaboom if you shoot at it. All these comes at a price though of course. Crysis is a system killer, because regardless of how recent you have bought your PC. It is impossible to achieve the best graphic settings, unless you are filthy rich and can afford the best of the best hardwares. Go take a look at the price of a stick of DDR3 RAM. Be amazed. For those who are still unconvinced just look at this.


No comments: