Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Games galore

There seems to be a lot of triple A titles out this couple of weeks. Gears of War, Crysis and Call of Duty 4 (all for the PC) just to name a few. Of course I would like to try for myself each and everyone of these games but since there are all on the PC, hardware is always a restriction. Despite lacking the necessary hardwares, I got myself a copy of Crysis and installed it on my laptop. Just when you thought the graphics of Bioshock could not get any better, Crysis comes along and immediately redefine the possibilities of gaming graphics. While the laptop is not the ideal piece of hardware to game on, it is a better option over my desktop. This are the following specs for my laptop:

(1) 2GB ram
(2) 512 MB Nvidia 8600M GT
(3) 2.0GHz C2D processor

Regardless of these specs, it did not prepare my laptop for the incoming graphics onslaught that is Crysis. From the very 1st cutscene, the framerate started to drop but was still acceptable. During gameplay the framerate increased, and it played a bit smoother. I had only played it for about 10 minutes but I can say that the game is rather well done, guns are customizable and your suit can switch between a few modes which would alter how you play the game. This is truly the game to switch your entire desktop for. Even if you are not doing it for this game, I am pretty sure that future games would still require a high end graphic card.

My results are still not uploaded online yet but I heard that the transcript can be collected in college already. I think that I might be going on next week to get it, while doing some research on the University that I would like to go to. Programming C is not that bad since I have already learned the basics from Kok Hoong before. For those newer topics though, I am still trying to understand what I am doing but there can be times where you really have to crack your head trying to understand how all this works. I think that I am a slow learner, because some parts where Kok Hoong said was easy, I still took a long time to understand. Sad really, but I won't give up on doing this = ).

No comments: