Saturday, September 1, 2007

2 Days to Semester 2

The 2nd last day of my holiday. Another 2 months of study starting next week, then 2 months of holiday after that. But of course that holiday I would be doing all necessary preparation if I am admitted into the University of Maryland. Yet to hear from them though, quite worried now. Might not get admitted (><"). Today is really dull especially in the morning. In the evening, I drove my family to Leisure Mall to have dinner. While I was there, I decided to go around browsing for some new games and found Rayman: Raving Rabbids. Seems like a nice enough game. Although not my cup of tea, cause it is seriously a game with lots of mini game. I was thinking it might be a "Ratchet and Clank" type of game. But this game would be suited for all of you who own a PS2 but find it hard to invest hours into playing a game. Seriously for the casual gamers. Each mini games are a couple of minutes long, and each is as entertaining as watching a guy being chased after by a bunch of dogs.

Besides that, I got myself a couple of books by Trudi Canavan, it is actually a trilogy, which consists of The Magicians' Guild, The Novice, and The High Lord. I read the synopsis and it made me felt like reading it. I like this kind of Sword and Sorcery theme. Just look at Oblivion. XD


Talking about reading, I'm done with the Starcraft book which I mentioned in my earlier posts. It's talking about this Terran (human race) archeologist which is funded to research a recently discovered Protoss( alien with high technology) temple. After revealing the secret in the temple, the archeologist was kind of possessed by a dying Protoss Preserver. He acts something like a Core 2 Duo processor, one brain with two mind. He goes through a lot of betrayal and continuously escaping from each of these obstacles. The protoss in his brain throughout the story showed him memories of how the Protoss race was formed and how they evolve to become the species they are today. The first book is not really great IMHO, but on the other hand it is not bad also. Really wish I can get my hands on the second book soon, wonder when it will be released.

No comments: