Saturday, September 15, 2007

One word: Mayday!

Arr here I come again rambling about how tough my semester is and all, but what's not to complain when you are sure of the ensuing disaster at the end of October. The American text book is still unreadable, I'm better off reading a dictionary for god's sake. Seeing that, I knew some desperate measures had to be taken. WIKIPEDIA...... I don't believe it myself, but yes, I'm reading about American History through wikipedia and you know what? It is much more effective than the text book. Yet, I doubt it has all the vital information in it.

Secondly, on Thursday, the majority of the class went and complain to the Head of Department of our Psycho teacher. And you know what? We might actually be getting a new lecturer, but who is to say that the new one would not be as bad as the current 1? and No DOUBT, this coming Monday's psycho class is going to be filled with tension as PMS Round 2 begins. The first time somebody complained about her was bad enough, but this time I'm sure it ain't gonna be pretty.

All that aside, Devil May Cry's final episode has finally arrived. Watch it and I still did not feel all hyped up about it by the end of that episode. Feeling really retarded right now that I actually watch the anime. Seriously, only hardcore diehard fans should watch it. I'm warning everybody out there right now who is planning to watch it. A screenshot of the final episode, Dante's dead.

So well, since today's a weekend no harm for me to spend my day playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2.... again. Hey the game is addictive, one thing I like about it is that it is really challenging. Thus far, one of the game which is best at testing your patience. At times, I feel like throwing my PSP on the floor only to realize that, it's just a game and I paid good money for this gadget LoL. What is there to be so angry about? You ask.

Picture yourself trying to kill this wyvern which flies around from map to map and you have to chase it, literally to hunt it down. Once you have done so, start whacking it with your weapon and dodge all incoming attacks. Seriously you must dodge in order to survive. I've tried letting one of those bugger zap me once and three quarter of my life just went off the bar. Worse yet, there was a stun effect, and all it needed to do was to leap on me and it was back to the camp.

Let's say you have finally taken down it's life till it is almost dead, 20 minutes has passed. You ran out of potions. It is a mano-a-mano, last man/wyvern standing fight. You swing your sword, but unfortunately the beast just come charging at you and you did not manage to land a hit. Instead you see a Quest Failed logo on your screen.

And yes, the moral of the story. Either improve or you will stop playing the game for good. Embarrassingly, I myself had a lot of this experience. I even lost to a BLIND boss before. What it lacked in visual senses, it made up for in power(this is the one which with one zap, 3/4 of your HP will go down the drain). Well, at least I improved from it, and finally defeated him not once but twice today. Ending the post with thy monster's picture named "Khezu".

No comments: