Thursday, October 11, 2007

End of the week

Hey all who have been reading my blog, I know I haven't been updating it for quite some time, but I was "kinda" busy this week. We had a quiz on Wednesday, which was really tough IMO. I did not really do really well on it, 33/40 bugger was hoping for 35 and above. Then on that same day, I receive my Dean's Honor Roll for scoring over 3.5 CGPA last semester. Well it was nice and all but I was really aiming for the president's list(perfect 4.0 CGPA). Oh yeah, and being me, I accidentally got some oil smudges on the certificate (=.="). All that aside, it was really a very dull week, nothing much happening.

Well, for some of you, Hari Raya's holiday would be the whole of next week. For me it's just Monday, yes...... ONE bloody day. What's worse, our Psych teacher will not be coming to class and she will be replaced by none other than our previous lecturer. Holy @#!$...... Don't really feel like attend her class but two things are holding me back from doing so. 1) Ben was right, we should give face to her ( after all it was because of us that she had to go sit at other lecturer's classes) 2) The more important factor, ATTENDANCE. Fortunately there might only be two classes next week, depending on whether she can finish the syllabus, and for me I have an excuse to skip class on Wednesday already. So hopefully, there will only be one class next week(for me at least).

Over with the daily chit-chat, and now on to the most active topic in my blog, games. Well, well, this week, I manage to get my hands on a "Jack Sparrow" copy of Bioshock. On the down side, the DVD could not be installed on my computer (probably due to my disc drive). I have been wanting to get this game for quite some time. Temptations, temptations.... I just had to play it and so I went and download the demo version of the game. You guys can get the demo here if you want it "Bioshock Demo". Well from the demo alone, I know I just had to play this game. The game looks really beautiful, in the starting scene, I did not know that I was playing the game until I notice that the cutscene has stopped. The water details are beautiful, the fire effect is realistic. As you move through the game, you will constantly doubt that the graphic artist can do any better than they already have, but you will soon come to realize that this is not true.

The game is really fun as it keeps you in suspense all the time, the setting is dark, enemies can suddenly pop out of nowhere. Although it might sound scary, but if I dare to play it, most other people would not have any problem with it. As you can see from the pictures in my post, there is this giant aquanaut monster thingy with a little girl at its side. Well, it isn't necessary to fight even one of these beast but you have to do so in order to gather the resources needed to buy new skills. Although the demo did not feature a fight with one of this pairs, but there was a scene where they show how destructive this guy could be. There was this scene where one of the dumber enemy comes into the room where that little girl (known as Little Sister) was and attempt to assault her. That was all it took to trigger a chain of bonebreaking events for that fool(Splicer). Firstly the aquanaut monster thingy( known as Big Daddy) jumps down from the second floor, throws a chair at the Splicer. BD then body slams him after that, holds him up, drills a hole in his stomach, grab his skull, and smash his puny head through a bulletproof glass(the glass only fractured the first couple of time he smashed the Splicer's head).

Senseless violence is just so fun to look at (in game, mind you). So, in the demo we were given the choice of using a couple of weapons which are a wrench, a revolver, and a machine gun. For the secondary weapon/ skill , we had an electric bolt attack and another immolating skill.

I must admit, I found the fire skill to be really cool. If you had ever like how cool it was for the fire alchemist(Mustang) in Fullmetal Alchemist to show off his skill at the snap of his fingers. Well, this is exactly the same! It looks damn cool when you snap your finger and your enemies just lights up like a matchstick. Even better is the fact that there are sure to run to the closest water puddle to cool off, only to be zap by the electric bolt skill. The water does conduct electricity like in real life! (unlike Oblivion where the lightning bolt simply disappears).

So on a final note, for anyone who already has this game. Could you kindly contact me cause I would really like to play the full game as soon as possible.( leave a message in the chatbox please)

No comments: