Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lost times...

Just within the past 24 hours, I've been given quite a lot of time to reflect on what has happen in my life up until now, even though I had to study for the Microeconomics test on Tuesday. Needless to say, there hasn't been much achievement that I could really be proud of. Besides education, I have never excelled in anything else. I was never good with sports (e-sports not counted), nor did I have any special talents (ea: musical instruments). Sad for me to say I am someone who is book smart and that is all to it. Sometime I really doubt how far I can go on by my own. Yes, I have a good family which have been very supportive of what I have been doing for the past two decades. Without them, I dare say I would probably have nothing at all.

Everyone probably has something which they hope they could have changed in the past, which includes me. If given that power, I would really wish I could have use all that free time I had (usually most of the time besides schooling hours) to pick up a couple of skills. I recalled that my mom had asked me before during when I was smaller, if I would like to learn piano together with my sister who was learning it at that time and I said NO. Man, if I managed to travel back in time, I would really smack that younger me at the back of the head nicely for saying that. Even more so, I hated myself for never actually using all that time I had for doing any quality work. I remembered that up until form 5, I usually had all the time in the world to do something meaningful. The only classes I took were the tuition classes which I would say was a bloody waste of time.

I had always wanted more out of my life but sadly, it has been a very dull one. If only I did not have all this college course work, I would probably be going off to learn something that I actually like. Japanese is one of them, and possibly also learning the piano (I don't give a damn if anyone think pianos are only for girls). Recently, I have had the time to talk with a friend from college, name Hui Yi and well she have the above mentioned skills which I would like to own. I really envy her for that very very much. ( I probably shouldn't be talking so much about a girl if I still want my ass to remain intact. Haha joking ne! =P) Should probably get her to give me lessons. LoL!

It was not that I did not give a try at learning the Japanese language though. Only thing is that it just doesn't feel the same without the pressure of someone actually guiding you. Also noted is the fact that since it is a language, I believe the only way that I can actually improve is by practicing it with someone. Not only that, after a whole day of classes and assignments, it is very hard to motivate myself to go cram even more things into this tiny brain of mine. The incentive is just not there, you know. Some people would probably think that this is just an excuse and well, it is. I wouldn't say I am the most hardworking person around as I know how I myself works. Forcing just does not help.

As the title of my last post stated, I really need a break, not just a day off, but more than that, what I need is for all these thoughts to just leave me alone. Most of the time, these thoughts brings along guilt and depression which really spoils my mood to even take a nice break.

9Okie enough of that sad post, as some of you who have been paying attention to the chatbox might know, I am going to get a Playstation 3 soon. Woot for me I would say. I know a few of my "buddies" would already have started planning some kind of ambush on me, kidnapping me and possibly blackmailing to get that Ps3. The only thing reply in return instead is "Pry it from my cold, dead hands if you can". *I do not in anyway mean that I want to be murdered by someone, please do not take it seriously and have a nice day.*

I am planning to get two games, one of them which is definitely Devil May Cry 4 and the other, I am still having a lot of thoughts on what I should get. There are a few choices (feel free to drop me a comment):

1) Resistance: Fall of Man
2) Assassin's Creed
3) Burnout Paradise
4) Heavenly Sword
5) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
6) Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
7) I do not remember

Yeah well, that's about it for this post I guess. Good Evening and Good Bye!

No comments: