Saturday, February 23, 2008

Gimme a break----- literally, i need one

Yes, I know it has been forever since I have written a decent post. Unlike Ben, I can't blog about anything and everything. Maybe that is why he is doing journalism and I am not. =P

This has been one heck of a week once more. 6 days of class including today's Calculus 2 replacement class. The day started out with all my daily routine over and over again. Sometime I can't help but feel dejavu-ish that every single day I am doing the same thing repeatedly. I forgot today is a Saturday, and well I left home at about the same time I usually do but reached at about 7 am. 1 hour before my class started, I almost felt like slapping the back of my head as I could have slept for an extra half an hour today. Class was alright and surprisingly I did not feel tired at all although I have only been sleeping for 6-7 hours per day for the past week.

To think that I only have one day off tomorrow, (and even then I have to study for next week's Micro test) is really sad and depressing. I can foresee already what I will be doing for the next couple of weeks and well it just adds to the already solemn mood in me. I forgot whether it was during this week (or maybe last week) that my application to Wichita State University is accepted. I would say they are very efficient unlike the other 2. Talking about the others, the admission office at UNL is having a slight problem with my application. Apparently, they need a Statement of Support from me that has the values return in but I am quite sure that I have written in all the necessary info for them before sending it. Troublesome lar~ The University of Wisconsin- Madison on the other hand is the one which has no updates or whatsoever on my application. Till date, I have only received one email from them. Whats even more annoying is that they actually sent it to my alternate email address instead of my preferred one. =.="

Besides studies, this week I did not really have much activities. The only time I spent with my girlfriend, besides the time sending her back from her University, is probably going to the Tian Hou Gong Temple yesterday. My girlfriend wanted to go pray and ask about some stuff so I naturally accompanied her and at the same time prayed together-gether. It is kinda ironic though as I usually do not go to the temple besides during the Chinese New Year, but I only went there the day after CNY officially ended. I am unsure of whether I have been to that place or not, I've heard of the place numerous time but have no fond memory of ever being there.

Let's see what else, err yeah, Game Developer's Conference was recently held, one of those big events in the gaming industry. A number of sequels were announced and quite a number of it are actually games that I have finished playing. Gears of War 2 definitely pique my interest, although the teaser trailer was just showing off Marcus Fenix vs-ing a Locust, what is more important is the fact that they will be chainsaw counter in the sequel (I hate it when the one getting chainsawed is my character instead). One word, "Awesome". In the tech demo we can see that there is an upgrade to what the engine could do and all. The environment are destructible, the water ripples like it is supposed to, and the blob of ........what the, MEAT?!? jiggles like its suppose to?? Sadly, for now the game is only announced for the 360 (XBOX)





Other game sequels announced are like Portal 2, the game with the AI which IMO is not that good in persuading a person. "THE CAKE IS A LIE!" or maybe not. The concept behind the gameplay is really creative and also unique. Something which is very rare in the gaming world right now. The part I love the most about the game is probably the credits, the AI actually sang the song. LoL, here's the video clip. P.S. If you have the time go look up its lyrics.



Okie, I'm bored of writing my post already. Time to stop now. *Yawns*

No comments: