Sunday, April 20, 2008

Out with the old, In with the new

After yesterday, I am no more a freshman and in another two weeks time, the beginning of the sophomore year and also the final semester here in Malasia. I have been admitted to the University of Nebraska Lincoln and this has made me felt much more relax during my final exams. Time pass really fast sadly. I don't really wanna go to the States yet. I feel sad that I have to leave all the people I love just in order to get a piece of paper.........which will indefinitely affect my future somehow.

Also about the finals, what would I say about it. Harder than I had thought, which means I am screwed in someway. CGPA is gonna plunge down below 3.8 I think. I dunno whether if it was because I was slacking too much or I had pick the wrong subject for this semester (Take for instance, ENL102, dearly beloved .... son of a b*tch). None of the exams were in any way easy, and I have quickly accepted the fact that this is the worst semester for me. Have to do better in my next sem since most of the subject are stuff that I can actually relate to. Calculus 3, Physics 1 and C programming.

Next moving on right after the exam yesterday, I went shopping with my gf at Sunway Pyramid. It felt really good that I have nothing to worry about and just being able to spend time with her is a great way to start off the holiday. We went for a movie "Ah Long Pte. Ltd." and I must say I really think it is a movie worth watching and for those who have yet to watch it, you should really go to a cinema near you and catch it before they stop showing it.



Also, yesterday I finally got a copy of Call of Duty 4 for the PS3. I had always worry that the controller will not be an effective tool for a first person shooter type of game but I was obviously wrong to think so. It did not have the accuracy that we can attain via a mouse and keyboard but the auto aim mechanism have provided a slight handicap for us on the PS3. I had to admit getting use to the controls was no walk in the park. I had to play the game for about half an hour to an hour before I was able to stop my habit of throwing a grenade in an attempt to sprint. If I had the mood, I would probably write a review on this game.

All in all, even though my break has already started, I am still not feeling any holiday hype, at least not today. Wish the feeling would come soon before my break ends. There are a lot of thing that I really want to do but two weeks is really a bit too short. As the saying goes, beggars cannot be choosers. That's all for today. Bye Bye

No comments: